Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ready, Set, Go



Dear Daughter,

                I see you now and you are fearless.  A: You can be an Olympic Gymnast or a ballerina missionary who  adopts 13 children.  E, You can name your “baby” Frenchie  or “kukukaka” and approach life from painting or ‘cooking’  to bathtime and eating with all the enthusiasm and energy you have.  NK, Your smile is bright, brilliant, uninhibited by the cares of the world, afraid of nothing. 

My heart is full as I watch each of you.  Yet there is a heaviness for I know there  will come a day where the weight of the world will seek to dash this childlike confidence.  A day that your self awareness will be plagued by fears of rejection or embarrassment,  and when your self confidence may begin to be too often measured by others opinions and actions.  Those days touch us all.  I know they have touched your mother.  I have missed opportunities, lived in discontentment and discouragement, and sought to hide myself from others.   By His Grace though I am learning, learning to be me, to be who He has created me to be, not who the world says I should be.  I pray the same for you and pray you will learn it quicker than I.   I pray that you, being grounded in His love, will be able to stand up and be the amazing creation that He has created you to be- without fear.  I pray that you will take steps to humbly put yourself out, even when it is scary, that He may use you.

                So my precious ones, this writing venture is for you.  While  I would much rather fly under the radar than post my heart for all to see, I do it for you. Yes,the stories, the lessons, the memories are for you to hopefully treasure, yet may it be more.  My hope  is that you will also see my effort to ‘practice what I preach’.  It is my attempt to be like you: confident and  secure in the only love that matters.  My attempt to not worry about what others may or may not think about me, but to speak about the truths that God is impressing on my heart.  These writings are not about me, but about what our extraordinary God is doing in these seemingly ordinary days.  So here I am trying to return to those days when I fearlessly dreamed of a wedding dress covered in rainbow colored sequins and writing stories to share with others.  May you live in those days too, rooted in the confidence of He who created and loves you above all else.   

All my love,

Momma

3 comments:

  1. Dear Shannon,
    These are beautiful posts. I am so proud of you and proud to call you my friend! What a wonderful step of faith that you have chosen to share your words. I am blessed by your writing. Thank you for choosing to let your childlike heart shine through. You are a reflection of grace.
    I love you! Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS) How can I follow your blog? I would love to!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I posted a comment on this the first night that you shared it with us, and it obviously didn' t post! But, I wanted you to know I am so excited about this adventure and to read along side you and to watch you grow and your girls grow! You are an inspiration to me and love you dearly! You definitely have a gift my kindred spirit! Love you!

    ReplyDelete